Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FICO Score?

Hello,



My FICO score is 704 and my wife閳ユ獨 is above 800. I had a bankruptcy in 2001 (previous marriage) and have worked very hard to restore my credit. However no matter what I do I can%26#039;t get my score above 704. My wife and I have separate credit card accounts. I am not listed on any of her accounts except for our cars and our house. If I were to be listed on her credit cards will my FICO score improve? My current credit card debt is $600.00 with a credit line of 15K and hers is about $1500 with total credit line of around 50K



Thanks in advance!



FICO Score?

A credit score of 704 is higher than the average American credit score and only slightly lower than the median (see website below for the significance of this - the page %26quot;Average American FICO Score%26quot; explains it really well.) Even if you get all the way to 800 it won%26#039;t make a huge difference to the type of deals you can get. The co-listing approach used to very effective in raising scores but today it does help much because it has been abused so much by the shonky operators in the so called %26quot;credit repair%26quot; industry. Sometimes a counter-intuitive move such as opening a new card of your own will help more in the long run as the most important part of the FICO scoring equation is debt to credit ratio (and paying on time!). The page below also gives the breakdown of the formula - it is not as complex or secret as people say. Time will be the biggest factor in getting your score back up. You have done a fantastic job to get back to 704 so hang in there.



FICO Score?

Depends, if she adds you as a authorized user it will not help since the way credit scores are calculated now does not take authorized users into account.



If she adds you as a co-signer or joint signer it would help.

No comments:

Post a Comment