Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Where is the best place to get a loan for my circumstances?

I havent been late on any payments in approx. 5 years. My problem is my husband has terrible credit so everthing is in my name. I want to buy a house but my debt to income ratio is off the chart and it really takes a toll on my credit score. I cant use his income because he has claimed a loss for the past 2 years (he%26#039;s a subcontractor)and he also has to make monthly payments to the IRS. I would love to buy a house but I cant even get a debt consolodation loan - I have approx. $15,000 in revolving credit card debt - all of which is very high interest and most of my cards are almost to there limit....Any ideas???? Does anyone know of any programs or banks that could help me? Thanks in advance....



Where is the best place to get a loan for my circumstances?

Payment history is only one factor in figuring your credit score. It is good that you have not been late, but you need to work on other things also.



Your income is NOT on your credit report so Debt-To-Income has no factor in computing your credit score. DTI does effect the ability to actually get the loan, but that is another factor independent of your score and report.



Your other big problem seems to be that your credit cards are almost at their limit. You need to get those paid down. You should not have more than a 30% utilization. That is in your credit available compared to your credit used you should not be using more than 30%. This means that if you have say $20,000 in a total credit line over all cards, you should not be using more than $6,000 in total.



Taking care of these things will help your credit and enable you to get a loan at a much better rate than you could currently.



Where is the best place to get a loan for my circumstances?

Before you even think about buying a home, you need to get your debt-to-income down. You could try getting an unsecured line of credit to payoff your debt. Try a credit union-they usually have more flexible lending guidelines than banks do.



Where is the best place to get a loan for my circumstances?

you need to use a mortgage lender that does what is called stated income. That way you don%26#039;t need to provide proof of income. Don%26#039;t lie about what you make, but now you will be able to include your husbands income. Call a mortgage broker, don%26#039;t go through a bank. Banks don%26#039;t offer these types of loans. They exist and it%26#039;s probably the only way you will become a home owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment