Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

Me:



-Just turned 26 a few days ago.



-Ended a 6-year relationship in January 2007



-Began immediately dating a 36 year old pothead who ended up being a total loser and broke my heart after moving to Cali to skateboard last month.



- Racked up $10k in credit card debt



- Moved back home to live with my mom until I pay off my credit card hopefully by March



- Had to move out of my apartment I had by myself and put all my furniture in storage so I can focus on paying my credit card



- Thought I was going to marry the 36 yr old pothead and was crushed when he ended up being a loser, fell into depression and am now in therpay



- Got fired from 2 jobs this summer due to my depression over the pothead guy.



I have a BA, I work full time as a loan officer at my new job, have a new car and am relatively pretty. However, I feel like an absolute loser. I am single, not married, no kids and now live at home with my mom in horrible debt and am 26 years old.



Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

It sounds like you have had a real rough time, but it sounds like you are doing everything right to get back on track. You have the car, your fixing your debt, you have the job. All you need to do is to realise your own self value and you will be right.



Best of luck, time will sort it out.



Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

if u need someone to talk to, shoot me an e-mail. I%26#039;m in cali also, I%26#039;m 26 and my life is different from you. Maybe I can help you out.



Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

everyone hits a low point in their life eventually. you just happened to hit it at bad timing.as for the relationship, that happens, he was a pothead, he was a loser. as for the credic dept, it will get paid so dont sweat it, you still have all your furniture and stuff in storage so after its payed off just remember not to spend to much.



It sounds like you are off to a great new start with your new job. You are pretty and will definately meet someone. Its time to stop being depressed about the past and think about the future.



Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

Try to take a long view of this. You%26#039;re learning things the friends you envy won%26#039;t learn for years. Like how to take care of yourself and manage your own life. When all this is over youwill be in a better position and have better self esteem for clearing up your own problems. THEN you%26#039;ll be in a position to find a great guy - and you WILL! No ****! Just dig in and clean things up with your finances and take this time to learn more about yourself and how you deal with some adversity. It may feel like the end of the world but it surely isn%26#039;t. It%26#039;s the beginning for you! Good luck!



p.s. it may help to keep a journal of this time so you can look back at it a year or two from now. You will surprise yourself.



Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

You seem to be on the right road to recovery. Take your time in relationships. Do not fall for someone just from reasons like lust or just having a good time. You should look at reliability, success, concern and priorities for a good relationship. If a 36 year old%26quot;s priority is getting high and going to skateboard (unless he is a professional) you need to look somewhere else. Be careful about sharing finances with someone else. DO not be depressed. This guy is not worth it. Feel good that you overcome this setback and are working to make things better. They will get better as long as you put yourself first, not a boyfriend. People make mistakes, young or old. You are young enough to survive. If you learn from this you are not a loser. How can one gain experience without making mistakes along the way?



Is this normal for my age? Or am I a loser?

Not a loser at all! Your only 26! Trust me most people aren%26#039;t marriend until 30! You still have losts of time! Stay away from the drugies! No offense but they%26#039;ll only make your life more miserable! Good luck! someone special is out there for you!



FYI this advice is coming from a 14 year old! LOl! Good advice though right?

No comments:

Post a Comment