Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What are the loopholes to the FAFSA application process...how can I get money for school?

I go to a really expensive college in California and my parents supposedly make too much money for me to get aid. In reality my father has been in and out of work for most of my life and my mom is the sole bread winner. My parents are both older, and we are in deep credit card debt because we are also victims of the recent mortgage industry fraud loans. My parents signed up for an ARM mortgage and now we are paying through the nose and with credit cards. My parents credit is so bad now that they cant even refinance and they can%26#039;t file bankruptcy because my mom took out a loan for me to go to school so if she does I will not be able to finish going to school. What can I do? The FAFSA people have no heart, they don%26#039;t look at debt only income. So I need to know Loopholes. Please help anyone!



What are the loopholes to the FAFSA application process...how can I get money for school?

You can get a job to help cover the cost of school. You can look for scholarships to help cover the cost of school. You can take out a federal student loan (in your name) that requires no cosigner and no credit check. You can find a cheaper school to attend.



Fafsa applications are verified by several outside sources other than your provided information. If you put something down wrong, you will have to prove it.



Financial aid was NOT set up as a support system for children whos parents are financially idiotic. Be an accounting major and help your parents out of their problems to break this cycle.



What are the loopholes to the FAFSA application process...how can I get money for school?

I have a friend with a similar situation. What he did, or I should say his mom, what she did was she did not include in here over time hours or pay. Also since his dad does not live with him (but he does support him), my friend just put that his dad has nothing to do with him financially. I also have another friend that just put that he lives with a friend and nearly supports himself. Now that last example is a little extreme, but he worked for him....Hope this information helps you into %26quot;cheating%26quot; the system. I feel like a criminal now....



What are the loopholes to the FAFSA application process...how can I get money for school?

v13t5ta, you should be ashamed of giving that sort of information out.



Your Finanical Aid is based on income declared on income taxes. If your parents commit fraud they%26#039;ll be in alot more trouble than just lying for financial aid....income tax fraud comes with about 5-20 in federal prison.



Ask yourself this, which would you prefer? No financial aid or mom and dad in prison?



I can%26#039;t see this as being a hard decision.



What are the loopholes to the FAFSA application process...how can I get money for school?

A lot of times you can address these types of issues with your college financial aid office.



You would want to let them know that there are %26quot;special circumstances%26quot;, and that they should consider reevaluating your financial aid.



Below is a link to a web page that might be helpful. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment