Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have pending credit card bills in the united kingdom and I know live here permanently in the unite

I just discovered it still earning interest for non-payment.Will they be able to chase me here for thier debt recovery on me?



I have pending credit card bills in the united kingdom and I know live here permanently in the united states.?

Here is the good news - the UK and the US operate under two very different credit systems. That%26#039;s why when you came over here you had such a hard time bringing your money with you.



I can%26#039;t speak for the UK, but here after there is no action on a debt for 7-years it is considered a dead matter and comes off of your credit report.



Now I understand that you live here permanently. Do you intend to ever go back? Are you still a UK citizen? If so check your laws over there and see how it will effect your benefits and the like.



If you intend to stay here permanently I don%26#039;t see Scotland Yard sending a bobby over to collect the debt. Of course the best alternative is to make arrangements to pay the debt back. Unfortunately if you could you probably wouldn%26#039;t be behind with them in the first place.



Oh, and welcome to our side of the pond mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment