Sunday, August 9, 2009

What do you think of promotional credit cards?

I have little debt on a credit card which is almost paid off (under $500). I am at the age of controlling my finances better, I am considering of switching my spending style to purchase items on my credit card then pay off my balance monthly.



The goal is to use the promotional earned credit to help purchase a car.



Is this realistic? I think I may credit at best $200 to $500 towards the car because $2500 of usage equals $25 towards the purchase of the car. I don%26#039;t think I will end up running a balance on it at this point of my life.



It%26#039;s the VW card for Volkswagen if that matters.



What do you think of promotional credit cards?

As long as you pay the credit card off every month, it would be worth it. (Of course, they are banking on you *not* paying it off every month).



Shop around for the best %26quot;reward%26quot; and make sure to read the fine print (does it have to be used in a certain time period, is there a annual fee on the card, etc.).



If you are paying your card off every month, it is almost stupid to *not* have a card with rewards-- stick them for all their worth--while staying within your means:)



What do you think of promotional credit cards?

promotioan lcard usally suffer from high interest rates



and what makes them really a bad call is that the amount of money you need to charge to apply towards ( in your case ) a car would be better off saved in an account, accruing interest and then making a downpayment plus a loan ( which will be cheaper than the CC ) or cash. If you accept such a card you in effect are saying I am poor with my finances since I cannot save, and indeed you are, so you are not really ready to step up t othe big world of an car and all it%26#039;



s expenses, as it%26#039;s going to be a lot more than 2500 dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment