Sunday, August 9, 2009

Can a credit card company (Juniper)cancel your acct.Based on you sending in 2 pay stubs.I refused to

The claim was they periodically review accounts.



And according to information from Trans Union which I am now presently disputing.Only after they used this innacurate information against me.My income they claim has risen considerably since I have had my account.I have had this account since 3/2003.I recently paid 2/2007 $30,000 worth of debt on all of my accounts.My Fico score up to 3/3/2007 with Trans Union is 705.



did Juniper break any laws here?If they did who can I report them too,what is the best course of action to take.I called 3/5/2007 and I cancelled my account over the phone their reps were not helpful.



Can a credit card company (Juniper)cancel your acct.Based on you sending in 2 pay stubs.I refused too,I work!?

Juniper is a strange bird. I once had a card with them when they offered 0% for a balance transfer. I used it, paid it and everything was okay. I started to charge on it regularly, since I thought they were pretty good. Then one time I called them about a problem (nothing in particular, just a purchase I wasn%26#039;t sure about) and they got all crazy and huffy and told me they can%26#039;t do this and they can%26#039;t do that (I was asking them for a new account number because I didn%26#039;t trust a particular merchant I%26#039;d dealt with and didn%26#039;t want them to have my number). I paid the charge and finally issued me another number.



Anyway, with that %26#039;service%26#039;, I decided never to charge on the card again and about a year later, they called and said they were closing my account. Good riddance! I only have about 30 cards to choose from, I get 0% offers left and right and though I never check, I%26#039;m sure my credit is quite good. Don%26#039;t sweat them, they are a little flaky.



Can a credit card company (Juniper)cancel your acct.Based on you sending in 2 pay stubs.I refused too,I work!?

credit card companies can cancel your account any time they wish. Their perrogative.



Can a credit card company (Juniper)cancel your acct.Based on you sending in 2 pay stubs.I refused too,I work!?

No laws were broken as Juniper is a private company and can refuse or revoke credit based on their own internal policies (as long as they are not discriminatory in any way, shape or form). Your refusal to provide %26#039;proof%26#039; of your earnings was enough for them to cancel your account.



I had a Fleet Bank issued credit card many years ago that I used for about 10 years. One day they just closed the account out of the blue saying that I did not %26#039;meet their requirements%26#039;! The real reason was that I paid off the card each and every month and Fleet did not make enough off of me. Then, to top it off, I get a mailing offering me (take a wild guess!), Yes, A NEW FLEET BANK CARD! I simply took my excellent credit and 750+ FICO to another card issuer! I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment