Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

my husband lost his job, and as he only has a g.e.d., no one wants hire him. we have 30,000 in credit card and auto loan debt that we can not now pay. we%26#039;ve closed all the accounts, but as we%26#039;ve made no payments in many months, i%26#039;m getting scared of what can happen. we dont have more than 5,000 in equity in our home. does anyone know what i can do??? we cant afford the fees for bankrupcy, either. we have to borrow just to get groceries -- my check goes to utilities and mortgage. PLEASE HELP!!!



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

go to creditsolutions.com. They will contact your creditors to settle your debt for up to 40 cents on the dollar. I worked with them a few years back and had a great experience. They were knowledgable and friendly. I really liked that they didn%26#039;t just assume that I was irresponsible and didn%26#039;t pay my bills. Everyone gets into a hardship from time to time. I wish you luck, I know that it is a scary place to be in. Go to their website, it is vey informative. According to what they told me, 30,000 is really not much compared to most Americans. I bet you%26#039;ll be out of debt completely in about three years.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

Online Debt Consolidation



http://www.complete-debt-info....



OR



Strategies to Reduce Debt Quickly



http://www.complete-debt-info.... Report It



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

Speak to a credit counselor. Also, try to consolidate your loans to lower the interest rate so you wind up paying less interest over the life of the loan/debt and see if the companies you owe will accept a payment plan.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

People with GED get jobs every day. He should be prepared to take whatever job is available. This country now has an unemployment rate of only 4%, so I seriously doubt that he cannot find ANY job. He should take whatever he can until something better comes along, which is what everyone else does in this situation. If necessary, he should be prepared to flip or deliver pizza; anything to bring in money for the time being



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

FILE FOR CHAPTER 7 ASK YOUR ATTORNEY IF YA CAN MAKE PAYMENTS ONCE FILED CREDITORS ARE OUT OF THE LOOP HAVE A YARD SALE GET SOME KIND OF EXTRA WORK TO PAY THE LEGAL FEE



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

Your home is safe. All the debts you mentioned are unsecured, except the car loan, which is secured by the vehicle.



You need to tell your creditors whats going on. Communication is key, and will buy you time. If your job is dependent on the car, I would certainly do whatever possible to get that loan current, as they will take your car. Many credit card companies will work with you to pay down your debt. They can and will suspend interest charges, as long as you live up to an agreed payment plan.



Your husband must find a job. At whatever wage he can get.



Good luck.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

If you still had one card you could pay with it then file against it. Although if you file chapter 13 and your home has equity they will take it. It also take several years to recover from bankruptcy. 2 years before you can even buy a house.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

Credit counselor, or financial advisor. Don%26#039;t call those 1800 numbers, they are in it for profit. There is a way out, you just have to find it. It may include moving out of your house, or finding a better job (perhaps a second job), but there is a solution. I personally haven%26#039;t paid on some of my debt for a couple years. They haven%26#039;t done anything yet, but, my credit is completely ruined. I don%26#039;t suggest ignoring it, it just gets worse.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

Seek state assistance. Contact H.U.D., they may help you with your mortgage so you can pay other bills.



As far as not working, he can work (unless injured). Both of you need to realize that he may not be making the same money..however, some is better than none.



Also, what about unemployment? Or even a second job (depending upon age of children, if any). Cutting back extra things, such as Internet will also help.



Good Luck.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

I suggest that your husband get a job anywhere he can. If you can live without the car, then I recommend that you give it back or sell it--before they repsess it.



Also, I suggest that you rent a room out of your house. . . to get some montly cashflow or just sell the house and rent. Either way, your monthly payments will be less. Are you working? Can you get a job part-time if not full-time?



This sounds like a tuff situation. I think the overall strategy is to cut expenses and make enough money to pay the bills.



Maybe your husband can start a business in the same line of work he had?



Or maybe he can work for a temp agency?



Maybe a friend or relative can help him get a job?



Maybe he can work at a temp agency?



I know that construction companies will hire practically anyone to do general labor and clean up.



Another good job site is www.craigslist.com



Good luck! Just remember that the game of money is a lifetime adventure and you can only get better the more/better you play it.



I have learned some of these lessons the hard way too.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

You need to call Doug Muir at Credit Justice Services! You probably have enough equity to get enough money to settle the credit cards His attorney will handle that for 10% of what he saves you! Call them...they will help! 904-491-0067



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

Wow, that%26#039;s a scary place. But you will be able to get through this.



You don%26#039;t need a credit counselor, you need two things: lower expenses and higher income. Also, think about your priorities: food, house, utilities, car. You should be paying for these items in that order. You%26#039;ve done a good job keeping your mortgage current. Call your utilities and ask for a low income deferment or lower rate. Many will be able to accommodate you, if only for a short time.



Don%26#039;t worry right now about your credit cards, they are unsecured and at worst will only trash your credit rating. They will probably start the debt collection process (which means lots of phone calls -- which you can ignore) soon, but it%26#039;s usually months and months before they start legal proceedings to get a judgment.



I agree with the above: your husband needs 3 jobs right now. Any type of work; mowing grass, delivering pizzas, flipping burgers, will help even if it%26#039;s $1000/month. I bet an extra $1000 a month would pay for your car and your food.



I need advice for how to repay 30,000 in debt?

You actually don%26#039;t need an attorney to file for bankruptcy...contact your local government. They will direct you to the right people.



Bankruptcy is there for people who are in your kind of situation. Stop the stress and just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment