Sunday, August 9, 2009

Help with a Credit Card issue concerning bank policy/procedure?

I would GREATLY appreciate some help/advice from any Attorneys or Financial Gurus out there..



About 15 years ago, I took out a Visa CC issued thru MBNA.(I took it out in my name only) After my hubby took a BIG pay cut, I have used it 2 make ends meet for the last 4 yrs.



I have run up a very LARGE balance.



About 3 yrs ago, the acct was taken over by Bank Of America.



We have pretty much been using BOA for all our banking. We have our checking acct., my hubby%26#039;s business acct., our home mortgage (still in excellent standing, with only a few years left to go), as well as a rental home Mortgage with them.



We even have our children%26#039;s savings accounts there.



I have been considering working with a debt settlement service on the CC balance, but am concerned with our bank affiliation. Can this action hurt our current mortgages and accts or is this considered a separate matter. (especially since it was taken over from MBNA)



Any insight is valued....



Help with a Credit Card issue concerning bank policy/procedure?

It will not necessarily hurt your accounts now, but you will have a difficult time refinancing loans or obtaining new loans.

No comments:

Post a Comment