Sunday, August 9, 2009

Can my US passport be revoked by not paying my credit card?

I have a lots of outstanding debt and currently is out of the country. I am a little afraid to come back , thinking that my US passport will be revoked by US Passport control.



Can my US passport be revoked by not paying my credit card?

no, your passport will not be revoked



you better get your debt under control though or the credit card companies will try and take all your posessions. but even if you go bankrupt you will be keep your passport



Can my US passport be revoked by not paying my credit card?

Credit card companies have a lot of pull, but not enough to get the US government to do their bidding.



Now if you owed money to Haliburton, that might be another question!



You also (in case you were wondering) cannot be be arrested or thrown in jail for debt, nor can any other government ID be revoked. You can be hounded (with certain broad limitations), you can be sued, they can apply for court orders to seize your property. But that%26#039;s about the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment